Tatiana Danilevskaya – Divnogorie , Russia
Radio “Voice of Divnogorie” is a micro radio project and series of programs connecting various co-existing in the same area groups of people – inhabitants of the village, the museum-reserve staff, artists of the residence – in audio space. Blinking between voice and radio waves, the artist therefore becomes the receiver-transmitter registering polyphony created by a living area.
In contrast to television radio has a rather low technical threshold, that does not require expensive equipment and large staff.
Micro radio narrowcasting was organized during three weeks. Nine Radio “Voice of Divnogorie”
Micro radio narrowcasting was organized during three weeks. Nine original issues and one compiled were released. During the opening of the exhibition radio was broadcasting from a specially designed object “The Speaking Ear” (plywood, radio receiver).
Radio schedule includes six programs and a jingle:
1) “Divnogorie Speaking” – talks to the local people, museum staff and artists of the residence;
2) “Toponymics” – vocabulary of the geographical names (names of micro districts);
3) “The Music Box” – music on demand;
4) “Sounds Fu…” – soundscape (anthropogenic and natural sounds of the village);
5) “The Loudspeaker” – texts (fiction and non-fiction) read by members of the art residence / in the original version;
6) “Yablochko” – ditties on vital topics, composed on samples of folk lyrics, modern and classical Russian literature, that saunter in background knowledge of the Russian people; friendly epigrams.Radio “Voice of Divnogorie” ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnwL-IcmH1j9vd4tPIzMCUg> )
youtube clips are in Russian but you can discover more about this project in English and Tatiana’s other work at http://cargocollective.com( clips are in Russian but you can discover more about this project in English and Tatiana’s other work at http://cargocollective.com